Energy bars are very popular in the countries like US where people have started preferring to eat energy bars for their in-between meals instead of unhealthy junk food. The best thing about these energy bars is that one can customize it according to their preference. Here is the recipe of Energy Bar which is very good source of first class protein with the presence of all the essential amino acids.
1 cup Oats
one can also use rice cereals, museli.
1 cup Harmony Wheat Germ
1 cup Dry Fruits which include Apricots, Raisins, Cashew Nuts, Almonds, Walnuts, and Dates (one can add whichever dry fruits preferred)
3 Tbsp Peanut Butter
2 tsp Honey
one can also use Jaggery or Brown Sugar as well. But I prefer less sugar so added only Peanut Butter and Honey.
1) Assemble all the ingredients at one place. Because once you start cooking there will be no time to run around to collect the stuffs.
2) Chop all the dry fruits like Apricot, Dates, Raisins, cashew and coarsely grind Almond.
3) Take a non-stick bowl and add Peanut Butter and Honey into it and set it on flame. Stir it continuously till the Peanut Butter melts and bubbles start coming up.
4) Now quickly add Oats, Wheat Germ and all the dry fruits and mix it thoroughly and fast.
5) Once everything is mixed put it into a plate and set it. Use your fingers to press it. Then with help of a knife cut slightly it into your preferred size so that later it comes out neat and then refrigerate it for an hour or two.
Regarding storing I prefer to keep them in fridge. But one can also store in air tight container as well.